Tuesday, November 1, 2011

and his hand is stretched out still.

Throughout the book of Isaiah, God is continually pronouncing judgment on a fallen Israel. Israel has rejected, despised, and completely turned away from the God who has saved them from the worst of the worst. From a human's point of view, by now, I would've given up on Israel... I guess that's a good thing I'm not God. Instead of abandoning them, like any sinful, fallen human would, God continually pursue them. Throughout Isaiah you see the phrase "and his hand is stretched out still."

One of my favorite things God does is when he takes the covenant with Israel that He knows Israel cannot keep. He walks through the blood of the animals by Himself saying that He will not break His covenant to be with us, to support us, and to protect us.

With all this said, when Israel (or you very well could substitute Israel with your name) turns away from God, "His hand is stretched out still" to bring us back to Him.

I'm glad I serve Him over anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment