Saturday, February 11, 2012

unexpected

Yesterday was a crazy day for my family. For weeks my dad was planning a trip to Chicago, and everything that could go wrong did. First of all, my brother swerved off the road and wrecked our car pretty badly. He was sent to the hospital, and thankfully he was perfectly fine. We started to think he couldn't go on the trip, and neither could my mom. Someone had to take care of him. Secondly, people kept signing up for the trip up until we left. We eventually started to run out of room on the buses because my mom was supposed to drive some people. Miraculously we found enough room. And lastly, after we had already left, we stopped to eat dinner at Panera Bread, and the ground was really icy. On my way out to the car, I slipped landing directly on my arm. We had to call an ambulance and I was sent to the hospital only to find out that I had fractured my arm. Well, after that, my family just went home.

As I type this with one hand, it's amazing how no matter how much you plan, everything can change in two minutes. It doesn't matter what happens. What's important is how you respond to those unexpected things. As for me, I'm thankful for a weekend off...

Enjoy your day, and make the most of whatever happens today...

No comments:

Post a Comment