Monday, March 5, 2012

happy march! happy spring!

It's a new month, and I know I'm a couple of days behind, but oh well. It's spring (for some)! As I sit here listening to a really happy song ("The Girl" by City and Colour), I am getting so excited for life. I'm ready for the change of season, ready to see some green over white, ready to go dance in the rays of the sun on my bare arms... but that will be a while until I can do that up here.

The days are getting warmer and longer. Spring has always been an optimistic time of year for me, and I hope you can find joy in it too, even if you are a winter person. If you are a winter person, you probably live in the south somewhere.

On the last day of February we got about 18 inches of snow, just when I was getting excited about the snow melting away. Well, it's still really white outside, but I do have to say that the snow is beautiful. I'm just ready for warmth!

What excites me most about spring is the ability to be outdoors more. I love sitting outside with a journal or sketchbook and music in my ears, the ability to just sit comfortably and look at the beauty around me. I live in a beautiful part of the world, surrounded by trees and wildlife. There's a lake nearby with a beautiful dock that I love to sit on and ponder life. Some of the best thinking I have is outdoors.

Here's my question to you, how can you enjoy the change of seasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment