Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Inferior Superiority

It's interesting that people often claim that everyone in this world is equal. We've all acknowledged this and we've all been where I'm going. Sitting in philosophy class, we had to create an atheistic moral system, but with our Christian suppositions this was very difficult. As humans, we are all evil, but in this class it came to my attention that some of the group viewed atheists as the lowest of the low. Yes, they don't have God and that puts them in a bad position in life and eternity, but aren't they sinners just like Christians? The only difference really is that we've realized what God has done for us, and maybe atheists just need some help to get to where we are. Weren't we as Christians at that point in some point in our lives?

One of my group members mentioned to me that "I have soft spot for atheists" and I'm proud to say I do. They are also God's creation and deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt, not just assumed that they are going to run amuck in the world and commit genocide. God has given them just as much of a conscience as He has given Christians, so why can't they eventually see where it came from?

Just something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment